I Kant Rite

Thursday, April 12, 2007

30 minutes til the 13th

In a half an hour it will be Friday the 13th, so I need to get this posted then to bed! I don't know why - it was just an idea.

Anywho, tonight was my last indoor soccer game for a while. Great, now what is my lazy ass gonna do? Well considering the weather still isn't that great and I heard something about a Nor
'easter coming soon (um Easter was last Sunday! stupid weatherman. Take "weather" out of that statement and I'm being redundant. ha ha girls you get it!). I guess I better figure out where to put all my crap and get my treadmill situated. I love my apartment but it still has the "just moved in" look with boxes and stuff every place it isn't supposed to be. I have been here almost two weeks, and this past Tuesday night was the first night I just layed on my couch and watched tv all night so I definitely had any time to deal with my apartment. It's good to stay busy but it was nice not to be busy that night...even though I should have done school work. Oh well!

Rats I had something else on my mind and now I can't think of it. Sucks getting older by the minute!

Oh duh. My NYC trip. I headed to NYC Saturday late morning and got there around 3:30. I swear I hate New Jersey. I am 31, I can pump my own gas! Every time I go through NJ or actually go there as my final destination (yes, I love to see Bon Jovi that much) I get off some exit that is a huge pain or have some type of bad luck (flat tire avoiding the Holland Tunnel). It either leads me down another highway or it has those weird stay to the right to make a left or U turn. I went about 3 miles out of my way to get back to the interstate. I hate that state almost as much as I hate Pennsyltucky! So I get off this one exit that looks rather Otisco-ish...very woodsy. I see a deer crossing sign with the very graceful buck (he must be gay) in black on the yellow sign. Typical, right? Wrong. Below the diamond shaped portion of the sign with the buck is a square sign reading "Heavy Deer Area." What are you feeding the deer here?? Fat deer crossing!!!!! Lookout that Bambi's useless, couch potato, beer guzzling, belching brother doesn't plop his fat ass on your car. Heaven help NJ. Well at least it gave us Bon Jovi.

So the rest of the trip was pretty good. Saturday I caught up with Donna and Amber at the hotel then we headed back to the bar they had been hanging out at while waiting for me to tiptoe through fat deer country in NJ. Fortunately the bartender was a Mets fan so we got to watch the game on the nice big tv while the stupid Yankees game was on a 13 inch black and white in the corner. Their uniforms are gray anyway so what's the diff. Then we freshened up at the hotel, hit a bar where Amber's friends were hanging out then we met up with Donna's , Holly, at her usual hangout - Raccoon Lodge. Good place - been there a number of times. Bartender is like 8 feet tall. I played a game of pool, which I admit is not one of my better sports, but I did knock in 3 in a row! Record for Krussell - chalk it up! An intoxicated Amber left us around 2:00, Holly left shortly after that, then Donna and I closed the place at 4 am. Leave two sisters to bitch about work and get emotional over family - lookout! ha ha We grabbed a cab and headed for some pizza. Always good after closing. Plus I had a philly cheesesteak at the bar earlier in the night, so I wasn't too intoxicated. I certainly was tired at that hour. I checked the clock as I crawled into bed: 4:47am. Awesome.

The next morning I felt good. I was a little tired as I am not used to such bed times, but I didn't feel hungover at all. However as the day went on I proceeded to get a headache which transformed in the worst headache I have ever had in my life. We watched the Mets game at Scruffy Duffy's, where some of the patrons thought it would be nice if they could request the music to be turned off so they could listen to the Master's gold tournament. Are you kidding me?? Listen to golf?! I swear I could've fallen asleep right there. After we paid for our drinks and lunch we headed to the bar next door where we found more Mets fans and the game. That was when my headache was becoming less than tolerable. But we proceeded on to do a little shopping after that. We had last minute dinner plans and I had nothing to wear but Mets shirts and jeans. It wasn't the best attire for dining in the city. I bought a black shirt, news jeans, and a jacket at H&M. Very uneventful but it would do. We met up with the other half of our party at the Heartland Brewery. It looked like a place I would enjoy had I not felt like I had a knife in my head. I briefly thought about going into the bathroom there and hurling. But I saved that for the hotel room.

After the brewery we cabbed back to the hotel, I ran to the drug store for Excedrin, popped a couple in the room and puked them right back up. I had been on the phone with Paul, and I suddenly said I need to call you back. I hung up, started sobbing because of the pain, then headed to the bathroom. I got sick twice! It was very strange. I never did take any more Excedrin to replace the ones now in the NYC sewer system. I missed dinner, slept for an hour and felt much better. I watched "The Sopranos" and went back to bed. Rest was all I cared about then because I was NOT going to miss the Mets home opener the next day!

The game was great! It was chilly but our seats were in the sun for at least half of the game. I even got a tad sun burned on my face - mostly my schnozz (I have never spelled that before - is that right I wonder?). The Mets played the Phillies, who gained a short lead at one point, but then the Mets had a 7-run inning late in the game and won 11-5. We had a good crew of 4 Mets-lovin girls and the kid sitting next to me was a riot. He couldn't believe we'd drive 4 hours for a Mets game then said well maybe I would too. Yeah try living that distance from your favorite team - you'll do it!! I can't wait to see them again and that will be a 6 hour drive to Virginia!

Well kids, it is now 6 minutes after midnight on Friday the 13th of April. Good luck to all during normal functioning hours of the day!

Leg up!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home