I Kant Rite

Tuesday, April 03, 2007

I'm Never Moving Again

ha ha I know that isn't true. I have given up saying "I'm not moving again until I buy a house" or "I'm not moving again until I get married." What the hell do I know what's going to happen in a year? A year ago I was happy in my cute apartment in Manlius that was full of character. It turns out it was also full of cold air, a bad landlord, and things I didn't realize I missed like water pressure. It served its purpose - it was my first bachelorette pad and a place to start the next chapter of life. And possibly the last place I have that has stairs. I fell down the last two steps a couple of weeks ago - sober. The last four times I have fallen down stairs only ONCE had I been drinking. I am a clutz yet very coordinated when it comes to athletics. I don't know - well this tangent needs a stopping point.

Anywho, so this past Saturday I moved to Liverpool. I absolutely love it! Will that love last for a year? Time will tell, but for now I can say that I am very happy, the cats are adapting well, and I haven't worn socks around the apartment since I have been here! That, to me, is a miracle. If I was still in Manlius, I would be bundled up in jeans, a long sleeve shirt, sweatshirt, socks and slippers. Now I am sporting half of those layers. I also need to shed a comforter - two comforters in the old place definitely makes my bed a sweatshop at night.

Okay so the perks: not only is it just generally warmer (probably because this place probably actually has insulation), the heat is included in the rent along with hot water. That and a dishwasher were a must while I was hunting for my next apartment. I also have an assigned garage space for parking along with a small storage unit in the garage/basement. The complex has a pool and tennis court; how worthy these things are remains to be seen. It is only April and I think there may still be some snow on the tennis courts. The apartment has two bedrooms with a good size spare room that will fit my desk, treadmill, and all the crap that I really need to sort through and throw away. The closet space is remarkable though I do have to realize I'm living in a two bedroom apartment by myself. Geez I am spoiling myself really. I have a patio that is accessible from the living room and the master bedroom. Off the patio is a large yard that actually leads to another complex, and overall it seems pretty quiet out there so far. I am glad they put me in a unit that has some privacy and no traffic! I can't to sit out there when the weather gets better. It will be a nice place to relax!

I feel like I am finally out of my transition that I started a little over a year ago. My next adjustment in life will be when school is over, but I am sure that adjustment will be easy and much quicker! Some things I'll probably never get over completely, but I am sure I'll be able to get over school in a hurry. :-)

Leg up!!

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home