I Kant Rite

Monday, December 11, 2006

Apparently I Hate my Body

Sure I have lost over 40 pounds since I fought in the Heavyweight class, so now I physically look and feel better. But I do not treat my body very well. This weekend proved it.

Friday night was the Axa Christmas party which I attended as Paul's classy, sofisticated girlfriend. I wore my new, black dress which looked pretty good. But that required wearing panty hose, which is never comfortable - mark my words - and heels. Oy. I like wearing heels but there are VERY FEW that have any level of comfort. It is all about look and they looked fantastic! They matched my dress perfectly. But after the party we headed to Mac's Bad Art Bar to see Chris and his band play. I decided to stand and even dance a little, something my feet were not happy about. By the time I got to bed, the bottom of my feet felt bruised. And those wouldn't be the only parts of my body to feel bruised by the end of the weekend.

Saturday night was our annual Christmas party with the gang. I look forward to this gathering every year. It consists of hours of food, drink, games, and great times with great friends. I was wound up - hopping around, getting the puppy to chase me, stopping by the buffett here and there to soak up my drink, which was a large pint glass with a significant amount of raspberry vodka and sprite. After a few of these, my eye-hand-foot-etc. coordination was ... well it sucked. I was standing on the first landing heading down the stairs to the first floor. I grabbed the railing like I always do because I am no good with stairs (I fell down the stairs at my previous residence twice in the first couple months I lived there; it takes practice). I took maybe two steps and down I went! I slid down the stairs on my butt, left hip, thigh, knee, foot...I am listing all the body parts that now have bruises from my spill. Oh and my left arm. I hit the floor and popped right up and claimed "I'm okay!" Hey I didn't break anything, I wasn't bleeding, and I was conscious. What more did I need? I didn't feel hurt...especially with all that vodka pumping through my vains. The next morning was a different story.

I woke up Sunday hungover and incredibly banged up. The good thing was that my neck didn't hurt as badly anymore. I had other parts that hurt more and took the focus away from my previous back and neck issues. I am sure another trip to the chiropractor is in order now. For whatever reason, I seem to really be beating up my body lately. But I don't mean too!

Leg up!! Ouch - that hurt.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home