I Kant Rite

Saturday, December 02, 2006

Realignment and it feels so good!

I went to my first ever chiropractor appointment today. It is the right way to crack your back. It was the best thing I could have done. The stiffness I have has been around, well...for years, but it's the pain that finally made me make the appointment. After a quick examination, she ruled out any problems with discs. As I lied face down on the table, she felt up and down my spine and determined there were several vertabrae out of alignment. When she arrived to my upper back I heard "wow you are really tight here" - yeah tell me about. So the alignment began.

She started with my upper back. Still faced down, I had to breath in and as I exhaled she pushed very hard on my back. It was the flip side of cpr. POP! First one back into place. After a minute to recover, she got the second back in line...little bastard. Those two were rather uncomfortable. She moved to my lower back after that which actually didn't hurt at all. Finally my neck was the last hurdle. And bebecause that area is closer to my ears, she was afraid I'd be freaked out by the cracking sound. She said let's do the first one and if it's too much and freaks you out, we can use the...I forget the name of the instrument but it would no longer be a manual adjustment which is better and lasts longer. I said ok let's go. The first one was weird! It felt good yet hurt a little. How was that she asked? I said let's try one more. Done! Ok let's do them - four in total just in the neck! I had 10 bones out of alignment - she said that was a third of my back! Sweet relief! Then I got to lie on a little water bed that was heated with jets - it was one of the best massages ever! I am still sore because of just being sore all week and I had to fight another headache today, but I am sure I'll be feeling better soon. And I think my frequent headaches that have plagued me for years may disappear somewhat as well.

Leg up!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home