I Kant Rite

Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Running on Full

Full of idol energy! And I have finally starting running again to use it.

I haven't been running regularly or even semi-regularly since probably the end of the summer. The usual suspects kept me busy then the holidays showed up. Exercise was a distant thought. And since I was keeping busy and not just being a couch potato, I didn't feel too much like a slug. But there is always that let-down feeling after the holidays when the family dispurses and the fun gatherings are over. The after-holiday-blues coupled with friend drama lead me to the realization that I was in desparate need of an endorphin fix. Plus I needed to start exercising again in order to reach my goal of losing 10 pounds before my birthday. So I hit the road....er sidewalk.

Shannon came over yesterday with Annie for our voyage treck. I had measured one leg of the tour, and on her way home, Shannon measured the other. In total we legged out 3 miles in the chilly darkness of Manlius...well there were street lights but still...we could also see stars. After 3 miles, I was seeing stars in a different way. It actually wasn't too bad. I was surprised I went that far without passing out. The cold definitely helps though as it did when I used to run before softball workouts started in January at Le Moyne. I used to run on the back roads of Otisco in two feet of snow. Okay maybe it was only two inches but I am sure there was ice under that snow making it much more dangerous. ha not really - that's a fabrication as well...or is it (I was watching "Dodgeball" tonight and have the overwhelming urge to keep contradicting myself).

After my run, I cleaned up and headed to Hafner's to watch the game with the crew. That was the best I had felt in weeks! And I hadn't been out for a game in a while. I had dinner, a couple beers, and lots of laughs. And the run kicked it off.

I even looked forward to heading out in the cold again today, which is strange because I hate the cold normally. I piled on all my clothes, laced up the Saucony's, and weathered 1.5 miles today. I figured I would give my knees a little bit of a break today. Tomorrow will be a full day off then I'll hit the indoor soccer field on Thursday. Hopefully these last pesky 10 pounds won't hang on too much longer.

It's 11:49 pm which means I am obsorbing the show every single (as in not married even though I am sure I'd still love it if I was hitched) woman should watch to know that we are totally sane when we start to think we aren't. It frequently gives me something to think about. The following line is particularly timely:

"It's the reviews that you give yourself that matter." --Carrie Bradshaw, "Sex and the City"

Leg up Carrie!!

1 Comments:

  • At 1:45 PM , Blogger Chickenhawk said...

    Yeah for us and our running voyage! I really want to get out and do that more. Sorry I missed out on the next night's run. The pesky weather ruined everything.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home