I Kant Rite

Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Niner Stands on his Tail

When Niner is standing in the kitchen, living room, top of the stairs, his tail curls around to the front of his body. He then adjusts his front paws and stands on the tip of his tail. It's really bizarre. Maybe his paws are cold and this is a way to get them off of a cold surface and warm them up a tad. I have never seen a cat do this before. And I am not sure how long he has been doing it. Has it been since I got him in 1999? If so, why didn't I notice it before? Such a quirk is hard to miss especially by someone who is usually very observant. Maybe it is because I now have hardwood floors, and carpet is not there to detract from his stance. Or maybe he actually stands more now whereas in other residences he sprawled out on the floor more. Either way he is the coolest cat ever...except for when he bites me violently. Then he is a little bastard!

So my neck isn't any better. My back is getting better. It gets tired and sore by the end of the day, but the neck is unreal. It aches all day, and often times when I take a deep breath I can hear a subtle snap or crack in my neck. I hope it is nothing serious. It really sucks hurting all the time though, and I doubt crunches are going to help. That will help the muscles in my back to support my spine but will it affect my neck? I guess there is one person I should call to get that answer. I was hoping I wouldn't have to go back to the chiropractor for weeks or even months! But I can't continue like this - it is too distracting. Unfortunately I don't have time to go.

I am in my last week of my current class. My after work time tomorrow will be spent working on my portion of my team assignment. Then I will need to head to my soccer game around 9:45, which begins at 10:25, go for an hour, landing me back at home shortly before midnight. Ugh! Then Friday I'll be leaving work early to get ready for Paul's company Christmas party. I am looking forward to that! I have never gotten to go to a significant other's Christmas party - I have only been to my own. I retrieved my black dress from the closet this evening - I love to dress up mainly because it is few and far between. The party ends at 9:30 so then I am hoping the new friends I make will be heading to a bar to continue the festivities. Saturday morning and afternoon will be spent on more school work. This will wrap up no later than 3 because then we are heading to our annual "Friends Christmas Party", something I look forward to every year. I need to buy snacks and about 3 bottles of wine...and that is just for me! Maybe I can head to the back doctor next week. Until then I'll drink the pain away.

Leg up!

1 Comments:

  • At 2:46 PM , Blogger Chickenhawk said...

    Love the new format (bold AND colored fonts!?!?!?)!!

    Sorry to hear about the pain in the neck, har-har. Hope it goes away soon!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home