I Kant Rite

Wednesday, July 23, 2008

The Dark Knight

GO SEE IT!!!! Beg, borrow, sell yourself and/or your blood if you have to get the money for a ticket! Run, walk, skip, crawl to the theater - just do it for the sake of humanity! Okay I got a little over zealous, but I'm serious, go see it on the BIG screen.

A packed theater on a Tuesday night at 8pm - you know something fan-freakin-tastic was about to come our way. "The Dark Knight" did NOT disappoint and exceeded every expectation I could imagine.

Heath Ledger was phenomenal! If he doesn't at least get nominated for ask an Oscar, I will be absolutely, positively shocked and furious. As I described it on the way home, he actually scared me. Usually the Batman movies are thrilling, adventurous, and action-packed. Ledger added the element of fear. I felt like I was watching a movie with a serial killer - the kind that just keeps me chilled the entire time. But he also makes you laugh - he is so twisted and evil yet comical...it's brilliant!

I also have to note the make-up. Ledger's scars and clown make-up really enhanced his creepy, freaky character. But after Harvey Dent's (Aaron Eckhart was also stellar) face was burnt, the Joker's make-up takes a back seat. That's all I am going to say about that - my words would not do it justice, so you have to see it. It made my stomach turn.

Christian Bale should always be Batman and no other could play a better Gordon than Gary Oldman. In addition, the overall intensity was off the charts. If I could have gotten up to pace, I would have. There is one part you think the movie is over but feel it is not complete, and so it continues. At that point in many movies that I have seen, I want the film to be over. That was not the case here. It didn't feel drawn out and I was glad to get more! I never cared what time it was once. It was 2 1/2 hours that I would be glad to go through again and again. Gordon's final lines of the movie rounded it out nicely, and makes you excited for more to come! I can't freakin' wait!!!

Leg up!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home