I Kant Rite

Sunday, June 01, 2008

The Good and Bad

Here are the recent goings-on in my life, some good, some bad, but mostly good. Plus some other random spewings.

The Good: We went to the beach last weekend to visit Donna and Bob in the new beach house. We had a great time visiting the beach crews - plural because we saw the old house mates and friend in Rehoboth and the usual suspects in Dewey. The Bad on that trip was that I was reminded that I am getting older and I can't handle all my liquor and how easy it is for me to get hungover. I slept most of the way home so by the time I got home I felt great! It was too bad we had to drive all day b/c the weather was gorgeous! Fortunately we had a great day yesterday.

The Good: We went to my 10 year class reunion at Le Moyne. It was great to see my little gang. Maggie came up from South Carolina, and Amy, Mike and Krissy ventured down the thruway to attend a few events on campus. The memories are always fun to revisit and good for a laugh. I also got to see my old friend Bethany and my softball twin Colleen and her family. The Bad: We had a pretty lame class. I don't remember any other class having one large group of the rich-snotty type. It was actually uncomfortable to see them. And some how, of all the hotel options we had, we picked the one in which those other classmates stayed as well. Ugh. Whatever. Maybe they really aren't that bad, and would even be cool to hang out with...but I have my doubts. We plan on going again next year to see all the friends we had a year behind us. In doing the math, we realized we liked and hung out with many more in that year including one of our suitemates and Maggie's husband is technically a graduate of '99. We'll be there!

The Good: The weather is improving. We had a great day to be outside on campus yesterday. The Bad: Allergies. OMG they are TERRIBLE! I am miserable, and I am not sure what else I can do outside of Claritin D and hauling out my sinuses with saline. What a freakin' pain.

The Good: Kindergarten Cop is a cute movie. The funny lines from the kids like "maybe it's a tumor" and "boys have a penis, girls have a vagina" are time less. It also has a pretty interesting story line - mister brute force cop turns kindergarten teacher - not realistic as a movie should be. Also the female partner who eats constantly and adds a great deal of humor to the story. The Bad: Arnold is a terrible actor! He has his good moments but they are few and far between.

It's the beginning of the summer, so I am looking forward to some fun events and to some quiet weekends at home and by the pool. I have one more trip planned to the beach for a bachelorette outing (the good) but that will be the extent of my out of state summer travels. I can't afford the gas (the bad)!

Niner update: He's great! Back to great health - better than he has been in months. He's almost a little overwhelming at times - running all over the bed to wake me up to be fed. He is even back to chasing me when we are playing. All clear!

Leg up!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home