I Kant Rite

Tuesday, April 22, 2008

When they're sick

I hate it when my cats are sick. It's rare since they are indoor cats but it happens. I had to admit Niner to the vet hospital this morning for a blockage - i.e. he can't pee. It's pretty serious stuff especially in male cats. He should be fine but-it is hard to see him get older (and deal with my own issues on getting older!). He'll be there until tomorrow - well hopefully only until then. I wish I could be there with him. I feel like he is my kid! He is a pretty cool cat. My former co-worker provided Niner with a foster home until I could take him myself back in October 1999. He said he wished he could have kept him because he was such an awesome cat. Tough shit he's mine. :-)

He's been with me 8 1/2 years now - that's a long time and like a dog, he knew when I was upset so it was comforting to have him around. Having him gone a whole night is going to be weird. I won't have his 15 pounds walking all over me and I won't get the usual nudges on my chin with his hard head. Of course that really hasn't happened in a while since he has been hiding under my bed for a few days not feeling well. Now I don't feel well because he is sick and away. I just want to hide until we all feel better again, too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home