I Kant Rite

Sunday, July 15, 2007

Sunday the Way It Should Be

I love sunny, warm Sundays with no commitments or responsibilities on my plate.

I did avoid having to reiterate that my feelings are not going to change - I'm on relationship haitus, remember! Ugh but I am sure I'll have to deal with it tomorrow. Might as well get it over with...again! I'm just not that into you...see, it works both ways. Sad but true.

Anyway, this morning I rolled out of bed shortly before 10, and that was mostly because the cats were buggin' for food. Plus I have a cold so it was time to grab some tissues and clear out the overnight build up in my sinuses - colds are some of the most disgusting things on Earth. Germs galore! Ugh. You all know how I feel about that. ick. Not to mention how raw my nose is and it stings like crazy.

I fed the cats, made some coffee, heated up a Southbeach breakfast wrap (constantly fighting the weight battle - what fun - at least I am succeeding so that's encouraging) and settled on the couch to watch tv. I found "The Devil Wears Prada" on HBO. Perfect! The windows and sliding glass door were open so a nice breeze was passing through the apartment. The movie was cute. The main character, Andrea, becomes something she is not and realizes the changes are not who she really is. I think everyone should experience a similar situation. I have done it - it lets a person see what other sides he or she has to them. You may discover something you like! :-)

After the movie, I hung up pictures and art work on my walls finally! I got every room done - I'm shocked! I even got vacuuming done that finished off my cleaning from yesterday. Then I ventured to the parkway to get some exercise. I laced up my skates, grabbed my shades, strapped on the iPod and off I went. I headed toward the Salt Museum without too much trouble. However, the return trip was a completely different story. The breeze to my back on the way down became gale force winds heading back to the car. Good lord! I was dripping sweat by the time I got to the car, then decided to walk a couple more miles. By the time I was done, I ached from the hips down and my right knee felt tight. OMG I hate feeling my age. Plus I had one more stop to make.

I headed to Weg's to grab some groceries. I originally was going to grill some salmon and veggies, but I was too wiped out to cook. Frozen pizza was the answer. I have the rest of the week to eat healthfully. Pizza and beer - what a way to cap the day and weekend.

The Espy's...I don't get it. It just seems a little redundant most of the time. What I do like are the clips from events and games. I missed so many throughout the year - it's cool to see what I missed. Jimmy is pretty funny too! Good choice.

Well I guess I'll refill my water and watch this "Awards" show.

Leg up!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home