I Kant Rite

Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Back to school, back to school

To prove to Dad that I'm not a fool.

I just returned to class yesterday from another 4-week hiatus. If I keep taking four weeks between class it'll take another year to finish this program! Well if I stay on schedule with only a week between the five classes left, I'll be done on June 11, 2007. Then hopefully it's on to Vegas...but I'm getting ahead of myself.

That break was timely for a couple of reasons. First, it was the baseball playoffs and not just any team was in - my beloved Mets were in the playoffs. It feels like it had been not just years since they had been in the playoffs but YEARS. And it had been exactly 20 years since they had won the World Series. I was hoping this was fate. After they clinched the Division and went on to the Division Series, I knew there was NO WAY I'd be able to concentrate on school work. I'd be watching the games - that's all there was to it. So I called up my academic advisor and said give me the max amount of time until I have to get back to class.

The break also coincided with meeting and getting to know my new friend, Paul. :) "Friend" may be understating it. ha ha I was totally gung ho about going to Jill's wedding without a date, and as luck would have it, I met somebody. Weird. Was 8 months single all that was in store for me? We'll see. And if so, thank God because the guys I met in that time could really make a girl consider playing for the other team. ha just kidding!

Leg up!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home