I Kant Rite

Sunday, September 24, 2006

Nothing Special

Julia Louis-Dreyfus won an Emmy for "The New Adventures of Old Christine." I hope this show takes off. I think it's hysterical! Her character as a single mother who still hangs around with her ex-husband, houses her brother, and constantly gets snubbed by two snooty mothers at her son's private school seems pretty realistic. She's quirky, a little neurotic, insecure so therefore very likable. And now Blair Underwood is on the show as her son's teacher! Holy crap that man doesn't appear enough on television. I recently have seen him on reruns of Sex and The City, so I was happy to see him walk into Richie's classroom.

Moving onto a different subject, I chopped my hair yesterday! It occurred to me the other day that my look needed an additional change. I recently got my new glasses - why stop there! My hair was down to the middle of my back, it was flat and lacked any decent looking curls. I walked into the hairdresser and said today we cut! I just wanted to be able to still put it in a pony tail. I have never had it this short but it definitely looks good. It looks even better when it is straight versus curly but that was always the case.

Another subject. I am so sick of my current class. Fortunately I am starting the last week of class on Tuesday. Both team projects received a B, so there is no way I'll get an A overall. I just don't have the motivation to shoot for exceptional grades on my last two individual projects. Like tonight I was going to work on the next assignment which is due at midnight tomorrow night. I looked over the parts to be completed but I figured I'll just work on it tomorrow. Ugh I can't wait to be done!!!

And it seems like every avenue in my life has some stress - school, work, family, friends. When it rains, it freakin' turns into a torrential downpour. Then I realized I was feeling a little down about my singlehood but shouldn't because at least there is no guy around causing additional issues. I get to come home to my quiet apartment to the three feline pigs. I understand why people who are depressed sleep all the time - it's the only time all this crap gets suppressed if only temporarily. I am not saying I am depressed and want to sleep all the time; I can deal. Running and playing soccer helps. I wish Bon Jovi was still on tour - those concerts are a great escape!

Well here is to another work week and the last week of class #8! Leg up!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home