I Kant Rite

Saturday, September 01, 2007

Mending the Holes

The Fair blog is still pending. I have other thoughts I want to get out first.

I slept about a much needed 10 hours last night. By the time I got up I had missed Spongebob, so skipped right to the coffee so I could get my caffeine kickin' before heading to the parkway. I drank my coffee, ate the rest of my box of Kashi something er other, and watched an episode of "My Boys" that I had on DVR. (That is also worth a post; it was "My Boys" meets "Sex and the City" - it was so awesome!!) I then proceeded to gather today's outfit for rollerblading. And by outfit I just mean a t-shirt and shorts. But the t-shirt, though clean, was crumpled up in a corner and SUPER wrinkly. I had it on and thought omg I can't go the park looking like this? I need to iron it. I know seems silly but it was just one of those things that was bugging me. As I am ironing my Rhode Island Track Team shirt (I have never been to Rhode Island nor have I ever been on a track team; it was a $5 shirt at Champion - bargain), I see a couple small holes. Now this is my favorite shirt to work out in, and it got me thinking about how much it sucks to find such holes in favorite things like a t-shirt, sweatshirt, blanket, you name it. And the holes that are in places that you can't fix - they are permanent and you just deal with it until the holes become so big or there are so many it's beyond repair and you have to throw it away or hang on to it some other capacity but know it has served its purpose and may not be the favorite shirt any more.

Relationships can be the same way. It can be any type of relationship, too: boyfriend/girlfriend, friendship, or some family member connection. There may be a point early on or any time really in which some many holes are created or poked into the fabric that it is beyond repair later on no matter how much you try to fix or fill them back in with current knowledge from lessons learned. Either it ceases to exist or it is just never the same. That doesn't necessarily mean it's a bad thing; just different. When it is over for good, just move on and use that knowledge to prevent holes in the future relationships. It sucks and it hurts for a bit, but it's not the end of the world and something else or a new t-shirt will fall into that spot.

Thoughts from a wrinkled t-shirt.

Leg up!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home