I Kant Rite

Monday, July 30, 2007

Catching Up

I have finally been getting caught up on movies and shows! Here are some of the things I have been watching:

Movies - Dreamgirls, The Devil Wears Prada, Catch and Release, Stranger Than Fiction, and Little Miss Sunshine. Out of that list, I think Stranger Than Fiction leads the way - I loved Will Ferrell although I must say the relationship between Ferrell and Gyllenhaal would never work...at least in my experience. They are WAY too different. One is very outgoing; the other is quiet and reserved...not a great recipe for a successful relationship. But I digress. Last night I just watched "Little Miss Sunshine" and it is definitely one that I liked after I watched it and liked it even more the next day. The end was shocking then odd then awesome! Olive's "routine" slowly became acceptable and likeable because of the participation and support from her family. It's different - you have to see it to appreciate it.

I also just signed up for Netflix yesterday. This is going to really provide the fix for my love for documentaries. Tomorrow I will receive my first gift from Netflix, a documentary titled "This Film is Not Yet Rated." I also tried to watch "Small Town Gay Bar" on my lap top yesterday, but due to my lack of computer saviness I couldn't figure out how to get the video to work - the audio was there but without video, gay movies just aren't the same. ha ha

My queue has a couple chick flicks but also a few Oscar noteworthy movies that I can't wait to see. I love Kate Winslet so I have "The Holiday" and "Little Children" next in line followed by "Letters From Iwo Jima." I haven't seen a foreign flick in well over a year, so I am looking forward to that. I am only have 8 in my queue right now, so I'll see how quickly I go through those before I ramp up another batch.

There aren't a lot of new shows on being that is summer time. However, some time before February of 2006 I was introduced to "Flight of the Conchords." Make me laugh and I will follow. I loved the show, so I was excited to see HBO decided to let us see more of them. This past Saturday night I brought up the old trusty list on the DVR and selected the first "Conchords" on file. The one thing that stands out is "It's business/It's business time!" lol Singing a song about getting busy with his wife who looks like she has been put through the ringer. You have to see it - I can't do it justice. I even changed my myspace quote to chorus of that song! I had to episodes on the DVR list and watched them both. I just remembered I have last night's episode - dang it! If only it wasn't time for bed. Oh well. Maybe I'll have time tomorrow after I watch "This Film..."

Well it's time to turn in. Tomorrow will be a long day I feel. I will work late followed by rollerblading at the park, dinner, documentary, and Conchords. Sounds like a great Tuesday!

Leg up!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home