I Kant Rite

Friday, August 17, 2007

So Many Miles

My poor car. I have had it since January and I have over 12,000 miles on it. A whole year's worth of mileage in 7 months. Yikes! And it's a lease. Double yikes! ha ha

I'm not worried about it. I refuse to stay home because I'm worried about miles on my car. The good infinitely outways the bad. I have had such a fun summer traveling. I feel like I now have a line of friends along the Eastern Seaboard! I went to the beach three times and now I am in Virginia for the weekend to see our beloved Mets trounce (well, hopefully) the Nationals. And of course besides going to the games, we will be site seeing. And by that I mean we are going to hang out near the hotel where the Mets are staying to see if we can catch a glimpse of our team members. Last year Donna got a few good pics of Pedro, Billy Wagner, Glavine...I'm sure there is a previous blog about this somewhere in my archive! Anyway it will be fun to sit and relax watching live baseball again. It'll be a slight change of pace than being at the beach...fun but relaxing in a completely different way!

The fall promises to be just as fun in different locations around the state and country. Labor Day weekend I may be venturing to the Adirondacks with the crew. Since little of my family will be around for Labor Day weekend, Donna is heading to the beach and figured I'd try a different scene since the opportunity is there. The following weekend will be spent celebrating the last of Lauren's single life as a group of girls take over a bed and breakfast in Skaneateles. Dinner at Bluewater Friday, wine tour on Saturday, and brunch for her shower in Cazenovia on Sunday. Good times! It seems like something is going on the next weekend, but at the moment I can't remember! Rats. The rest of the month is low key - family party on the 29th which will also be Mom's 60th! crazy. But THEN!! The following weekend.....

PUT-IN BAY, OHIO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

To date, the best weekend of my life took place in Put-In and it'll be exactly one year that weekend since that best time. So fun and one in which you have to say - you had to be there. The crew is slightly modified this year but the most part, for the best! TT will stay home this year since she was quite violated when I wasn't around. lol I saw the pics. This year's mascot is yet to be determined but there are some options, like Wickett the Ewok from Return of the Jedi. Something smaller may be more ideal. It'll be interesting to see who we makes friends with this year. We chucked dead batteries at the guys next door last year; by the end of the second night, they were drinking on our deck with us. And we can't forget our friendly cab drivers. "Hi, Tim? Yeah, we need to go." lol OMG so many awesome sayings were recorded in the trusty geisha, who will make her return to catch future famous quotes. I equate her with pictures - you go over and over it and laugh every time as memories flow back. I can't wait to get up at 4 am on Friday, October 5th and head West!

Well time to start getting ready for the game even though it's about 8 hours away. ha ha

Leg up to the Mets!!!!!!!!!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home