I Kant Rite

Monday, August 21, 2006

I Need a Break

Thank God the summer is almost over. Seriously. The past few weeks have been crazy and this weekend...holy crap. I am actually going to take a little hiatus from drinking excessively...which is only done on the weekends but still. Friday I went to Albany to see an AWESOME band. We had such a great time. I had about three hours of sleep, I was hungover and the 2+ hour ride home was tough but I made it. Good thing because the big party was Saturday.

Millisa and I had to get our hairs cut but then headed to her house to prepare for the festivities. It was Xtine and Jaime's 30th birthday bash!!! I had every intention of lying down for a nap in "my room" but I must have been anxious for the party because I didn't sleep a wink. Actually it was about 4 pm and I realized when I closed my eyes, I was still spinning from the previous night's toxins. Ugh. The party was to begin around 6. Millisa, Jim, and I sat in the kitchen and great room in the silence. It was a little eary. Millisa observed the silence and commented on it. I said how it reminded me the of the New Year's party in Virginia in 1996. It was so quiet right before three days of chaos!!! It was the calm before the storm. We didn't quite have a storm Saturday but it was close and there was a food fight. Just because we are 30 doesn't mean we can't still act like kids! Ok well I avoided the food fight but it certainly was fun to watch! lol We, of course, played flip cup and for the first time got to play civil war. That will now be a staple at parties. We listened to hair nation and I got a cigar burn on my left arm. Fortunately it didn't bother me...until the next morning when the pain hit me. But it's not too bad - I've had worse burns!! Overall it was a great f'in time. We got to celebrate birthdays with friends and family - the best way to do it!! Happy birthday girls! Love ya!!!

Leg up!!

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home