I Kant Rite

Tuesday, January 18, 2005

Ladies - Let's Work Together

Every person knows that yes, every Ladies room on Earth doesn't have enough stalls, the lines get too long because of it, and the guys RARELY have to wait. EVERY PERSON KNOWS THIS! So why do ladies harp on it while they are waiting in line? Does it solve the problem? NO! Does it create more tension? YES! Unless you have a solution or have enough to money to buy the venue and fix it yourself, shut the hell up!

But let's work together. Be considerate of those women behind you especially the pregnant and the elderly...and those of us who have been drinking excessively which tends to somehow magically shrink the bladder. I am not saying give up your space in line, but let's get prepared before entering the tiny cubicle. For example, if you have a coat or some article of clothing that you think you made need to remove, take it off while in line or make your significant other hold it (he's probably not doing anything but checking out other girls' hooters and asses anyway; make him useful plus it's like a "he's taken" token! ha ha). Stay decent but anticipate the fact a coat may get in the way. I was at the Civic Center for a show recently, and I am pretty sure some lady went in the stall with her coat on and came out with it off. I know that wasted valuable time.

Let's think ahead. Don't wear button fly pants, trim your nails that day so you can operate a zipper without freaking out, keep the main doorway to the restroom clear to keep the flow (ha another pun - that's two tonight - see my previous blog), and move quickly - when you open that door to head to the sink to wash your hands (THIS IS NOT NEGOTIABLE), get your butts out of the way as fast as possible so the next person in line can quickly replace you.

As long as there are restrooms with an insufficient number of stalls and woman with a need to urinate, there will always be lines and waiting. It's a fact of life. But I think if every woman implements a "hurry up" tactic, we'll all notice quicker line movement and/or shorter lines overall.

The floor is now open for ideas of how to "hurry up".

4 Comments:

  • At 8:26 AM , Blogger Chickenhawk said...

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     
  • At 8:31 AM , Blogger Chickenhawk said...

    Excellent topic Jo-jo! One that's near and dear to me!

    Here's one for all the sisters out there... you don't have to be completely put together to come out of the stall. I'm not saying come out with your pants around your ankles... but you zip your fly and work on the belt out by the sink! I hate hearing the toilet flush and then watching the crazy broads take another 2-3 minutes to fix their shirts, belts, etc. Ooh, now that I think of it... here's another... don't wear shirts that need to be tucked in!

    Okay... I'm getting off my soapbox now!

     
  • At 10:04 AM , Blogger misc said...

    I've been known to use the men's room in dire emergencies. I've also been known to be asked to leave the establishment after that.

     
  • At 1:25 PM , Blogger Millisa said...

    Definitely a necessary topic. I often think of myself as a pretty fast pee-er. But I can recall one time I decided not to wait at all and resorted to squatting behind some car doors in Nissan Pavillion parking lot- the lines at the Blu Bowls were absolutely intolerable (an hour wait is TOO LONG). I don't think those women employed any of the tactics described here.

    I agree that the tables in the restaurant should not turn over faster than the ladies room stalls!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home